The national park extends over 1,856 km² and is probably one of the most beautiful landscapes on earth. More than three hundred 3000m peaks, sparkling mountain lakes and impressive waterfalls invite you to get to know this wonderful piece of earth.
- 15,000 animal species - home to one third of the fauna found in Austria
- 3,500 plant species - and most protected because they are so rare
- Habitats - From the valley to the summit regions, a colorful mosaic in four altitude levels
- Starting point for nature experiences on a themed hike
- Hikes with qualified rangers
- National Park Worlds in Mittersill - interesting facts about the natural area